Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Work/Blog Balance

When I accepted my current position I knew I wanted to continue blogging. My Orange Chair was such a great way for me to keep my hands busy during unemployment and expand my network. But blogging can be a full time job - in fact it is for tons of people. I have to admit that it's been hard to find the balance between work, family, and blogging. My sister and I discussed starting a blog on the same day and I've given her crap from time to time for not following through on her end yet. But I get it now - it's hard work, especially when you have a mission or are trying to talk about certain topics.

To expand my readership in the beginning, I reached out with force on other blogs, constantly commenting and searching for people who were talking about things I cared about. It's not so easy to do that anymore; I'm still trying but I know I'm not as successful as I want to be.

I can't imagine how successful bloggers maintain the rest of their lives. Or even how full time working moms do everything they do. It's kind of awesome but also exhausting. I know we all juggle the important facets of our lives around while walking a tight rope and singing an aria so I'll be your cheerleader and proponent of your vacations.

Questions for discussion:

How do you balance everything? Do you wish you had one (or five) less thing(s) on your plate? Do you think men and women experience the stressors of life balance similarly, differently?

1 comments:

Eff Norwood said...

No one has a time problem. What they really have is a priority problem. Priorities can be made clear through goal setting. For the actual doing of the work, check out http://www.priacta.com/