Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Investment Research

Investing is a very salient issue for me right now. The other day I talked about wanting to find a financial adviser but I'm still doing a lot of research on my own. I have to admit, I'm as investment savvy as I am technology savvy - meaning, not very. But I'm trying to figure this stuff out because I think it's pretty important to have a firm grasp on what's going on. My husband *gosh I love saying that* is on the up-and-up when it comes to global economics but is about as clueless as me regarding stocks, bonds, blablabla.

Want I want to do though is share the resources I am finding and start some conversations about different investment styles - what works and for whom?

I'm not a big risk taker when it comes to money. I don't gamble simply because I'm a hoarder with my cash and I don't want to lose it to chance. Well I know that investment carries risk and as someone who is young, some people suggest taking a higher-risk road. 

But I should back up and start at the beginning with some Investing 101 by MangoMoney:


And here's the important one for today - Investing 101: Investment Personalities
*Why does the only female personality need to be the 'moody' one?*

I realize that these videos simplify things quite a bit but some of us need simple to start understanding investment lingo. I still don't have a solid idea of HOW stocks and bonds work but I now have firmer grasp on what they mean for me and my money. I think my biggest struggle with high-risk investing will be not wanting to bolt at the first sign of trouble, even though I should be able to handle the changes over the long haul. 

1 comments:

beefmaster said...

Bet it all on Enron! They've got no where to go but up.