Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Proud to be a Gleek

My sister and I fight over Glee a lot - what we liked and didn't, who is the most awesome character. One of the first things I had to do when I got back from my trip was catch up on the episode I missed - obviously that is a greater priority than cleaning up the apartment from the big party we had a few weeks ago (aka the wedding). This was probably one of my favorite episodes of all time - Mercedes' "Spotlight" was AMAZING and the group song at the end was super duper moving. And then there was Brittany rockin' it out to Beyonce's jam.

The first time I ever heard Beyonce's song about Girls Running the World was through one of my favorite vloggers. Here's what she had to say:

I 100% buy 19%'s analysis of the bill of goods being sold in this tune. 

But I couldn't help LOVING Glee's rendition of Girl's Run the World with Brittany singing it regarding being class president. 


So now I'm torn!! My only obvious issue with what Glee does here is hyper sexualize Brittany and the other girls with their outfits - but what's new on T.V.? 

0 comments: